Sunday, November 28, 2010

What's a girl got to do to get some shut-eye around here?

Hello 2am. We meet again. I just have one question for you and then I'll be back to fluffing my pillow and cursing my fully attentive state: Why won't you let me sleep past you? WHY do I have to awake to you showing off your rounded curves on my digital clock? Whhhy do I have to acknowledge your existence? I know you're around, just like I know 5am is around, but you don't see 5am bugging me to give it some attention! Although, thanks to you and your rude wake-up call, I am saying hello to 5:30am as we speak.

There are a lot of things I've tried. I've done the sleepytime tea. I've gone to bed in a warm room. I've slept on a full stomach to get the full effects of a "food-coma."I've taken super-c sleep formula with melatonin in it. And last night I tried taking an Unisom (which is an over-the-counter sleeping aid.) Not to mention, every time I come home and pull the covers to my face I am "dog-tired." Yet, you still shake me from my sleep and blare my retinas with your horrific blue glow! Tomorrow, I will defeat you. I will sleep past you and into the later morning. Perhaps I may even get into the double digits. Who knows? It's a new day, where I WON'T be celebrating your arrival. 
Good day, 2am. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment