Thursday, November 11, 2010

Warning: Distortion May Occur in Heat

                                          
                    I dreamed last night that I had found new, stylish, black shoes in my closet that I could wear to work. I also dreamed I threw the remaining pop-tarts I  purchased out the window and pelted both a gray speckled seagull and a waddling, pink pigeon. The brown sugar and cinnamon pop-tart flew like a ninja star to the seagull first, pelting him in the jugular, and ricocheted off, checking into the pink pigeon's under-belly.
     Now.... I don't normally remember my dreams, and if I do, I remember fragments. However, I think because I felt like I was being cooked alive last night, these dreams stayed with me more intensely than usual. Why I'm dreaming of pop-tarts and birds and shoes I don't know, but I do know that the heat in my building is unnecessarily high! Not to mention, I have this radiator by my bed that spews out steam ten inches from my face, where it sounds like bacon is cooking on the stove. To try and beat it, I literally have both my large windows open as much as I can, but it has no affect! This side of the building must not get any wind whatsoever! I actually had to put my fan on, with the windows open. So I have to pay for electricity to go on while the heat is suffocating me so much it's twisting my dreams into oddities that I can actually remember! My brain probably thinks it's dying, so it might as well latch on to these few simple thoughts before I croak.
     I feel like I'm in a college dorm room all over again, except this time the windows aren't helpful. Thank goodness I'm not paying for the heat in this building. If I were, I would have the windows closed and probably sleep atop my sheets, naked, with ice-cubes over every orifice of my body. I'm glad it hasn't come to that.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dear,
    I thoroughly enjoyed this post. I live for the remembrance of my dreams. And writing them down every day is helpful.Just a little dream interpretation... even though you threw a pop tart, the little cliche, "kill two birds with one stone," comes to mind. Running with that, finding both stylish shoes and having them be suitable for work seems like it would fit that description. Visit Dreammoods.com. It's a fabulous site that has a library of what various images mean in the context of dreams.
    You are a gifted writer, as well as an actress ;)

    I wanted to suggest this to you in person but I think here would work just as well. Pick up a copy of Julia Cameron's the Artist's way. Google it and you will know why I suggested such a thing. It is helpful and is working wonders with my own creativity.

    I love you and wish the best of luck on all your endeavors and hope to see you soon.
    Ciao Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kris! That means so much to me! I love you and hope to actually be in your presence soon! I'm just trying to take my life one step at a time; with writing, with acting and with living. ;)

    ReplyDelete